Friday, October 8, 2010

Joy and jealousy

I got word today that my nephew may be making his appearance soon.  I am so excited to meet him.  I knew his arrival would be a test for me, but I wasn't prepared for all of the emotions that coursed through my veins.   One more layer to work through, I suppose. 

She and I were supposed to complete this journey together.  We should have spent the past few weeks "racing" to the delivery room, comparing swollen feet and making sure our go-bags were well stocked.  Instead, she's having to face this without me.  She's amazingly strong and will come through this beautifully, of course.  I just wish we were doing it together.

I'm a little jealous that she'll have her baby in her arms and mine remain empty.  I'm a little bit scared mine will always be empty.  I'm a lot angry that my baby didn't get to live.  I'm a little sad, bitter and frustrated too.  But, I am also excited, proud and so very happy for them.  I keep hoping the joy will bubble closer to the surface.  I know it has a lot of crud to bubble through, but that little man deserves nothing but joy and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment